lunedì 27 novembre 2017

My Magical Herba (Ms MK 2)

Well, actually no one forbids to create your own manuscript in the XXI Century. So I went on with my idea to create a herbal with magical herbs on it. Most of the information I put in it are taken from the Encyclpedia of Magical Herbs of Scutt Cunnigham, but then I increased it with notions from different sources in order to give a complete view of each flower.

The idea is to follow the classification of plants that Cunnigham followed: so masculine/feminine, planet/star (Sun, Venus, Mars etc.), dominant element (air, water, earth and fire).

Technically I used an A3 format sheet, trasformed in an old sheet through use of coffee (well Italian Coffee) to make it old. I kept this format, without trimming the edges. Moreover I used my calligraphy to fill up the spaces, using a 2 coloumns format when I had all the width of the sheet t my disposal. I also used a some kind of Italian, following the tradition of the medieval Herbals (the best were written in Italian in the Middle Age).

I also loved to use my knowledge of the Arabic alphabet to write the name of flowers also in Persian ( I actually studied it a little and I can master the letters)

I started with a quite extravagant flower: Passiflora Incarnata
First the sketch of the flower:




Here a better view:

Here bottom with the colours simply colored:


The final results:









 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento