martedì 24 ottobre 2017

Italian Herbal - Manuscript Vermont MS "

came across in my reasearch about the Voynich Manuscript to some references (in the fantastic book "The Voynich Manuscript" Edited by Raymenod Clemens and Introduction by Deborah Harkness) about the exsistence of a famous Italian Herbal now in the Vermont Library and totally digitalized.
My imagination and phantasu immediatly focused on it: I add here some links just to give you the idea how important this manuscript is condidered referring to the Voynich Manuscript as well
https://voynichimagery.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/comparing-beinecke-ms-408-and-the-tuscany-herbal-pt1/

https://stephenbax.net/?p=679

I came across also about the idea to depict some pages of it, obviously.
But the main problem was to understand the original old writing (in Italian) that seems to be so impossible. Well, being Italian me too, this was a hard by doeble task. 
I started to read the letters, giving them sense and with some fast efforts I was able to understand all the ancient writing and I want to share this experience with you.


Here we have the second folio of the Herbal Manuscipt:
I decided to try to read the bottom bart of it, i.e. this part:

 
The text in Italian is this:
"ERBA LUPINA MONTANA NASCE IN LUOGHI E TERRENO TENERO E NON PETROSO HA SAPORE COME LACTUGHA NOSTRALE. VALE AL DOLORE DEL CAPO COTTA IN OLIO ROSATO E UNTO LA TENPIA E LA FRONTE SUBITO SANA. A SOLUTIONE DI DI VENTRE EL SEME PESTO DATO BERE LIBERA. VALE A MORSO DI CANE O DI LUPO RABBIOSO EMORSO VELENOSO POSTA SUSO LERBA O LABARBA PESTA. LANTORE LAFFERMA IN PIU COSE MEDICINALI ESSERE PERFECTA.
ERBA BIANCA LUPINA ALIO MODO ALIO LIBRO FA FIORI GIALLI BARBA BIANCA LA SUA RADICE CUM LEPIAGHE E VENDE EL CHARBONE.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento